Last Updated: October 16, 2021
By using this Website, you represent and warrant that: (a) all registration and other information you submit, if any, is truthful and accurate; (b) you will not submit any personal information if you are under 13 years of age; and (c) your use of this Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
Intellectual Property Rights
If you are a copyright owner who believes your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted, or distributed via the Website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please report the violation to our designated copyright agent by sending written notice by U.S. mail to PO Box 1038 New York, NY 10272 or by email to [email protected].
Restrictions on Linking and Framing
You may establish a hypertext link to the Website, provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by DSA. However, you may not frame or inline link to any of the content of the Website or incorporate into another website or other service any of our Website Materials or intellectual property without our prior written permission.
You may not access or use the Website for any purpose other than that for which we make it available. The Website may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically approved by us. You represent and warrant that you will not use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate any person, or to post, transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted any content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate DSA, any employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm DSA or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Website content.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Website to you.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Registration Data; Account Security
You may be required to register with DSA and have assigned a username and password with which to access restricted areas or update your personal information. If you create an account on the Website, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Website (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to DSA, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any other information you provide to DSA. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your username or password by emailing us at [email protected]. You are solely responsible for any and all uses of your username and password.
Links to Third-Party Sites and/or Materials
The Website may provide you with links to website(s) owned and operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”) as well as content belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”). Third-Party Sites and Third-Party Content are maintained by third parties over which DSA has no control and have not necessarily been reviewed by DSA. Use of Third-Party Sites and Third-Party Content is at your own risk. DSA expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, the accuracy of the information and/or quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these Third-Party Sites or in Third-Party Content, and DSA disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of Third-Party Sites and Third-Party Content.
Inclusion of Third-Party Sites or Third-Party Content does not constitute or imply an endorsement, approval or recommendation of any product, service, or company. We make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to any Third-Party Sites or Third-Party Content included on the Website.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE WEBSITE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISTS OF AMERICA MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY THE WEBSITE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In the event that any portion of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, such portions shall not limit or otherwise modify or affect any other portion of this Agreement. The failure of either party to this Agreement to insist upon the performance of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any breach of that provision or of any other provision.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The validity, interpretation, and performance of this Agreement shall be controlled by and construed under the laws of the District of Columbia. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising or in any way relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the state and federal courts located in the District of Columbia and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement.
Feedback. We welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Website via any medium (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback via email at [email protected]. All Feedback shall be deemed to be non-confidential and shall become the sole property of DSA. You hereby assign all rights in the Feedback to DSA, and DSA shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback. Without limiting the foregoing, DSA shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
Questions & Contact Information
Thank you for your cooperation. Questions or comments regarding the Website should be directed by electronic mail to [email protected].