Passed at the DSA convention November 2011
1. DSA calls for the legalization of same-sex marriages in all the States and Territories of the United States of America; the enactment of anti-discrimination laws in housing, jobs, education, and health care; and the repeal of state sodomy laws and anti-lesbian and gay restrictions.
2. DSA is committed to confronting anti-gay prejudice in its ranks and supports all efforts toward fostering understanding and cooperation among persons and groups of differing sexual orientations and identities.
3. DSA supports making public schools safe and bias-free for LGBTQ students, defending their free speech in school and allowing students to start gay-straight alliance clubs.
4. DSA advocates for local and federal non-discrimination laws and insists that religious beliefs cannot be used to justify bias.
5. DSA supports the rights of LGBTQ parents and endorses challenging discriminatory laws that restrict the rights of LGBTQ people to parent.
6. DSA advocates for changes in the immigration system to recognize same-sex relationships including marriages, domestic partnerships and long-standing relationships on the same basis as heterosexual relationships in approving visas, residency and citizenship.
7. DSA welcomes the creation of a Commission to advocate for LGBTQ rights, coordinate efforts with like-minded groups, publish papers and pamphlets, support legislation to abolish discrimination against the LGBTQ community, among other activities.