The Fight Continues
This bulletin was started to provide socialist analysis of a crisis that was still unfolding, as a complement to DSA’s emergency COVID-19 response. As the crisis has become our new normal, that response has taken on a more permanent character. We’re phasing out this bulletin, but our fight continues.
We are in a triple crisis — health, economic, and political. Our demands are acutely necessary and deeply resonant in this moment. We need Medicare for All. We need a Green New Deal. We need safe and affordable housing for all. We need an organized, fighting labor movement that can struggle against the boss and build working-class power.
So, we’re getting ourselves organized to win these things. Here’s what you can do:
- Sign up for our campaign to win the Healthcare Emergency Guarantee Act.
- Join us on 5/13 to learn about the Democratic Socialist Labor Commission’s campaign to save the USPS.
- Our Emergency Workplace Organizing Committee is helping workers across the country organize to win protections at work. You can sign up here to join the organizing team. And, if you are looking to organize your own workplace, fill out this form, and one of our organizers will reach out.
- In this time of crisis, we have to support each other. Reach out to our Mutual Aid Committee to get involved with these efforts.
- Participate in our #CancelRent campaign by sharing a video testimony.
- New to DSA? Attend one of our Q&As to learn more. There’s one on 5/21 and another on 5/31.
- Join DSA if you’re not already a member! There has never been a more important time to join the largest socialist organization in the United States.
During the pandemic, Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) is practicing social distancing for our members’ safety and to slow the spread of COVID-19.
As the largest socialist organization in the US, we believe it’s essential to share information about what is going on in the world during these unprecedented times — the nature of the pandemic, the looming depression, the responses (or lack thereof) of our government, the deadly negligence and abuses of for-profit corporations, as well as the heroic organizing, resistance, and mutual aid by workers fighting for a working-class solution to the coronavirus pandemic. We also want to share ways that you can get involved in this fight.
There has never been a more important time to be in DSA. Join, renew your dues, or switch to monthly here.