THE NATIONAL POLITICAL COMMITTEE
DSA’s primary political leadership is the National Political Committee (NPC), a sixteen-person body which functions as the board of directors of DSA and is elected every two years by the delegates to DSA’s National Convention. Every DSA chapter is entitled to send a certain number of delegates to the National Convention, based upon the chapter’s size. There are also “at-large” delegates to represent areas where there are no active chapters.
- requires that no more than eight NPC members shall be men, and that at least five of the NPC slots be reserved for people of color.
- gives the NPC the power to charter DSA locals and commissions, as well as DSA’s Youth Section.
- guides and leads the implementation of DSA’s major political and organizational goals, which are broadly defined every two years by the delegates to the National Convention
- gives instructions to the national staff about how to carry forward DSA’s day-to-day work.
- creates task forces and committees to guide particular areas of DSA’s political work.
- conducts long weekend meetings four times each year.
- elects five of its members to serve on the Steering Committee (SC). The SC can be emailed at sc(at)dsausa.org. SC members’ names are marked with an asterisk in the list below.
*Indicates Steering Committee members.
Contact the NPC at: [email protected]
- *Ashik Siddique, Wilmington, NC, Chair
- Ahmed Husain
- *Alex Pellitteri, Brooklyn, NY
- *Amy Wilhelm, Seattle, WA, Secretary
- Cara Tobe, Louisville, KY
- Colleen Johnston, Denver, CO
- Frances Gill, Los Angeles, CA
- *John Lewis, Kenner, LA, Treasurer
- Kristin Schall, Beacon, NY
- Laura Wadlin, Portland, OR
- Luisa M., Vancouver, WA
- Megan Romer, Moravia, NY
- Rashad X
- *Renée Paradis, Oakland, CA
- Rose DuBois, Portland, ME
- Sam Heft-Luthy, San Francisco, CA
- *Evan Caldwell, YDSA Co-Chair
- *Aron Ali-McClory, YDSA Co-Chair
Young Democratic Socialists of America National Coordinating Committee
*Evan Caldwell, Co-Chair
*Aron Ali-McClory, Co-Chair
Democratic Left Magazine | dl(at)dsacommittees.org
Maxine Phillips, Editor
Green New Deal Committee | greennewdeal(at)dsacommittees.org
National Electoral Committee | nec(at)dsacommittees.org
National Labor Commission | dslc(at)dsacommittees.org
DSA Weekly Blog
Maxine Phillips, Editor
Visual Design | visualdesign(at)dsausa.org
The elected National Political Committee leads the implementation of DSA’s major political and organizational goals. These are broadly defined by delegates to the National Convention every two years.
The DSA and DSA Fund national offices are located in New York City.
DSA staff does not set the organization’s political goals. Rather, staff helps to fulfill the goals set by DSA’s elected volunteer leadership.
National Director: Maria
Fiscal Officer & Assistant to the National Director: Heidi
Financial Analyst: Christian
Revenue Bookkeeper: Tom
Finance Manager (PT): Fatou
Organizing Director: Glenn
Organizing Manager: Amy
Labor Organizer: Amanda
Electoral Campaigns Organizer: Michaelangelo
Field Organizer: Hayley
Field Organizer: Patrick
Field Organizer: Alicia
Field Organizer: Tom
Senior Field Organizer: Eric
Senior Field Organizer: Kaitlin
Senior YDSA Organizer: Anna
YDSA Organizer: Yusuf
Communications Director: Chris
Senior Communications Coordinator: Claudia
Senior Media Coordinator: Rachel
Senior External Communications Coordinator: Priscilla
Development Director: Emma
Senior Program Associate – Events & Retention: Zachariah
Senior Program Associate – Membership: Elizabeth
Operations Director: Kristina
People Operations Manager: Yasmine
Senior Events Coordinator: Michael
Senior Chapter Pipeline Coordinator: Dana
Senior Office Coordinator: Maura
Compliance Manager: Brandon
Data Analyst: Eileen
Organizing Tools Coordinator: Walker
Database Coordinator: Émilia