The Queer Socialists Working Group helps coordinate DSA’s work on LGBTQ issues with chapters and the national organization, based on the resolutions and statements passed by the NPC/National Convention. We further DSA’s connections to LGBTQ organizations and aide in educating DSA members on these issues and how they relate to democratic socialism.
Among other activities, we
- advocate for LGBTQ liberation
- create educational programs within DSA
- coordinate efforts with like-minded groups
- publish papers and pamphlets
- support legislation to abolish discrimination against the LGBTQ community among other activities.
Read DSA’s Statement on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Rights
Listen here to historian John D’Emilio discuss LGBTQ Activism: A Brief History with Thoughts about the Future, recorded April 1, 2017.