Student loan debt in the United States now exceeds $1 trillion. Higher education is increasingly treated as an individual commodity, rather than a public good or an investment in our collective future.
Now is the time to build a movement capable of winning free higher education for all while demanding a short term reform which would throw a lifeline to 37 million student debt holders. Join our campaign to make student loan repayment simple and fair, jump start the economy and create jobs.
Join the campaign briefing to learn our goals, strategies and tactics, and most importantly, how you can get involved!
RSVP for the conference call information. NOTE: this call is at 7pm Eastern Time (6CT, 5MT, 4PT).
Do you feel like you are doing most of the work for your group? Have you had difficulty keeping new people involved or transitioning leadership? Learn how to mentor new leaders and make sure they have all of the information and tools they need to succeed.
Join us for the fifth in a year-long series of organizing trainings for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
- Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy.
- Maria Svart, DSA National Director and former student and union organizer.
We are living through difficult economic times, and more and more people are open to socialist ideas. However, because of corporate ownership of the mainstream media, the only way people will find out about democratic socialism is if DSA members are visible in the progressive movement. Furthermore, we bring an important structural analysis of our undemocratic political and economic systems to progressive activists, and by explaining what democratic socialism really means, we help keep the political debate honest and prevent it from sliding too very far to the right.
In Leadership Development you will:
Learn the proven steps to developing the leadership skills and comittment of more members.
- Workshops are free for any DSA member in good standing.
- Workshops will be via free webinar, so you need a computer with internet access.
- Your computer must have microphone and speakers, or you can follow along on the phone via conference call, but you will have to pay for any long distance charges.
- You can participate in every one, since each workshop builds on the previous ones, or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will be the fourth Saturday of each month from 3:00-4:30pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Participation requires that you register at least 48 hours in advance.
NOTE: This training is scheduled for 3-4:30pm Eastern Time.
Are you a newly joined DSA member? Come learn about the different ways to get involved! This call is at 8:00pm Eastern Time.