Practice talking about socialism in plain language. Create your own short rap. Prepare for those conversations about socialism that happen when you table in public.
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
This training is at 4:00pm Eastern, 3:00pm Central, 2:00pm Mountain, 1:00pm Pacific, noon Alaska, and 10:00am Hawaii Time. Please RSVP.
Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy
In Talking About Socialism you will learn to:
- Have a quick response ready to go next time someone asks you about democratic socialism.
- Create your own elevator pitch about democratic socialism and DSA.
- Use your personal experience and story to explain democratic socialism.
- Think through the most important ideas you want to convey about democratic socialism.
- Have a concise explanation of what DSA does, for your next DSA table, event or coalition meeting.
- This workshop is for those who have already had an introduction to democratic socialism, whether from DSA's webinar or from other sources.
- If you have a computer with microphone, speakers and good internet access, you can join via internet for free.
- If you have questions, contact Theresa Alt <firstname.lastname@example.org> 607-280-7649.
- If you have very technical questions, contact Tony Schmitt <email@example.com> 608-335-6568.
- Participation requires that you register at least 40 hours in advance, by midnight Friday.
Directed by Dorothy Fadiman, When Abortion Was Illegal (1992, nominated for an Academy Award, Best Documentary Short Subject) reveals through first-person accounts the experiences of women seeking abortion before the Supreme Court legalized abortion in Roe v. Wade in 1973. We are one Supreme Court nominee away from a return in many states to back-alley abortions. Join Amanda Williams, Executive Director of the Lilith Fund, to discuss challenges to reproductive justice and abortion access. (Lilith Fund funds abortions for women in need in the Central and South Texas area.) Learn about how to participate in April Bowl-A-Thons to raise funds for low-income women. View the film here for free before the discussion. 8 ET/7 CT/6 MT/5 PT.
You've joined DSA - Great. Now register for this New Member Orientation call and find out more about our politics and our vision. And, most importantly, how you can become involved. 9:30 PM ET; 8:30 PM CT; 7:30 PM MT; 6:30 PM PT.