Do you feel like you are doing most of the work for your group? Is it hard to keep new people involved or get them to take responsibility? Learn how to mentor new leaders and make sure they have all the information and tools they need to succeed.
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
NOTE: This training is at 9:00pm Eastern (8:00pm Central, 7:00pm Mountain, 6pm Pacific). Please RSVP.
- Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy.
In Leadership Development you will learn:
The proven steps to developing the leadership skills and commitment of more members:
- identifying potential leaders
- recognizing what each one brings to the group
- asking people to volunteer
- giving them specific tasks
- supporting them in their efforts
- creating opportunities for new leadership
- following up.
- This workshop is for local leaders who will lead campaigns in their chapters.
- If you have a computer with microphone, speakers and good internet access, you can join via internet for free.
- If you have questions, contact Theresa Alt firstname.lastname@example.org 607-280-7649.
- If you think you can't do it by computer, contact Tony Schmitt email@example.com 608-355-6568.
- You can participate in every workshop or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will generally be on a weekends or evenings.
- Participation requires that you register at least 45 hours in advance -- by midnight Tuesday.