Do you want more people to get involved so your chapter can do more? Does your chapter have a hard time recruiting and then keeping new activists? Do you want to talk to friends or family about DSA?
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
NOTE: This training is at 7:00pm Eastern. The same training takes place later at 9:00pm Eastern. Please RSVP for the webinar that works best for your schedule.
- Maria Svart, DSA National Director
In Getting More Members Involved Through One on One Conversations you will learn:
• how to have an effective one-on-one conversation to ask someone to:
• join DSA/YDS or
• get more involved and take on specific jobs in your DSA group.
• preparing for the conversation
• legitimizing yourself
• getting a commitment
• following up
The one-on-one conversation is a critical organizing tool.
- Workshops are free for any DSA member in good standing.
- If you have a computer with microphone, speakers and good internet access, you can join via internet for free.
- Or, you can follow the webinar visuals by internet but get sound via phone conference call, which may mean long distance charges.
- Or, you can request the slides as a PDF in advance and listen via phone.
- You can participate in every workshop, since each one builds on the previous ones, or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will generally be the first and third Mondays of each month from 7:00-8:30pm Eastern Daylight Time and repeated at 9:00-10:30pm Eastern Time.
- Participation requires that you register at least 40 hours in advance.
- NOTE: This training is scheduled for 7:00pm Eastern Time (6pm Central, 5pm Mountain, 4pm Pacific).