Why Build a Democratic Socialist Organization?
Red-baiting is the battering ram that corporate America wields when even the smallest democratic reforms threaten its power. Too often, even progressives distance themselves for fear of being squashed. To erode that power and build toward a truly just economy and society, we build a visible socialist presence within grassroots democratic movements and with a credible socialist voice in policy debates.
Over the last two years, we have continued renewing and revitalizing our organization to meet the challenge of making the socialist tradition relevant to the twenty-first century United States. We have grown our membership, and new DSA locals and YDS chapters have organized.
But we have much more work to do. Our message has never been more important.
Attend the convention to:
- Get to know fellow members from around the country, share activism best-practices, and build democratic socialist community
- Discuss and debate our strategy in a rapidly changing political environment
- Elect our national leadership for the next two years
- Develop your democratic socialist organizing skills
- See dynamic speakers like Tom Hayden, John Nichols, Catherine Tactaquin and Steve Williams