So you are now a member of DSA, but there is no local chapter where you live. You are thinking of starting a local chapter, but you're not quite sure how to do it.
In Starting a Local Chapter from Scratch you will learn:
- how other locals got started in recent years
- how to find out who is already a member
- the importance of a comrade
- how to recruit new members
- the importance of a mentor
- how to become a recognized organizing committee
- how to become a chartered local
- what works best to bring new people in.
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
- Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy
- Workshops are free for any DSA member in good standing.
- You need a computer with good internet access.
- Your computer must have preferably headphones or else speakers; you can speak thru a mic or use chat to "speak".
- If you have questions, contact Theresa Alt firstname.lastname@example.org 607-280-7649.
- If you have very technical questions, contact Tony Schmitt email@example.com 608-355-6568.
- You can participate in every webinar or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will generally be on weekends or evenings.
- Participation requires that you register at least 45 hours in advance -- by midnight Sunday for Tuesday's webinar.
NOTE: This training is scheduled for 9:00pm Eastern Time (8pm Central, 7pm Mountain, 6pm Pacific, 5pm Alaska, 3 pm Hawaii).
You've joined DSA - Great. Now register for this New Member Orientation call and find out more about our politics and our vision. And, most importantly, how you can become involved. 8 PM ET; 7 PM CT; 6 PM MT; 5 PM PT.