Do you feel like you are doing most of the work for your group? Is it hard to keep new people involved or get them to take responsibility? Learn how to mentor new leaders and make sure they have all the information and tools they need to succeed.
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
NOTE: This training is at 3:00pm Eastern (2:00pm Central, 1:00pm Mountain, noon Pacific). Please RSVP.
- Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy.
In Leadership Development you will learn:
The proven steps to developing the leadership skills and commitment of more members:
- identifying potential leaders
- recognizing what each one brings to the group
- asking people to volunteer
- giving them specific tasks
- supporting them in their efforts
- creating opportunities for new leadership
- following up.
- Workshops are free for any DSA member in good standing.
- If you have a computer with microphone, speakers and good internet access, you can join via internet for free.
- If you think you can't do it by computer, contact Theresa Alt firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can participate in every workshop, since each one builds on the previous ones, or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will generally be on a Saturday each month from 3:00-4:30pm Eastern Time.
- Participation requires that you register at least 36 hours in advance.
You've joined DSA - Great. Now, register for this New Member Orientation call and find out more about our politics and our vision. And, most importantly, how you can become involved. 8 PM EDT, 7 PM EDT, 6 PM MDT, 5 PM PDT