You've joined DSA - Great. Now register for this New Member Orientation call and find out more about our politics and our vision. And, most importantly, how you can become involved. 8 PM EDT; 7 PM CDT; 6 PM MDT; 5 PM PDT.
Practice talking about socialism in plain language. Create your own short rap. Prepare for those conversations about socialism that happen when you table for Bernie Sanders.
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
This training is at 3:00pm Eastern, 2:00pm Central, 1:00pm Mountain, noon Pacific, 11:00am Alaska, and 9:00am Hawaii Time. Please RSVP.
Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy
In Talking About Socialism you will learn to:
- Have a concise explanation of what DSA does, for your next DSA table, event or coalition meeting.
- Have a quick response ready to go next time someone asks you about democratic socialism.
- Create your own elevator pitch about democratic socialism and DSA.
- Use your personal experience and story to explain democratic socialism.
- Think through the most important ideas you want to convey about democratic socialism.
- This workshop is for local activists who will lead the Sanders campaign in their chapters.
- If you have a computer with microphone, speakers and good internet access, you can join via internet for free.
- If you think you can't do it by computer, contact Tony Schmitt <email@example.com.
- Participation requires that you register at least 36 hours in advance -- by midnight Friday.
Join us for a discussion of the Labor Day issue of Democratic Left magazine.
The discussion will be led by Paul Garver, member of the DSA National Political Committee, retired international union organizer, and co-editor of DSA's labor blog, Talking Union.