No, some things can be fixed but others can't.
Sign up for a three-session online webinar/seminar series with Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and founder of the Midwest Academy community organizing school. (If you signed up for the first or second session -- don't sign up again. But we are accepting new RSVPs.)
This seminar is part theory, part recent history and part contemporary observation from a Marxist viewpoint. The presentation style is easy to follow and no particular background is needed. We'll note the surprising views of a few enlightened capitalists and discuss how the U.S. became a debtor nation, how profits from financial speculation outpaced manufacturing, and the big question: how might the jobs come back?
Seminar dates: September 11, October 9, and November 10.
NOTE: seminars are scheduled for 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain, 6pm Pacific.
Do you ever look around in your meetings or public events, and realize no one is smiling? Do you want to learn how to make your meetings more efficient, your events more interesting, and your protests more fun and engaging? Learn how to make people want to come back to your next event.
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
NOTE: This training is at 3:00pm Eastern (2:00pm Central, 1:00pm Mountain, noon Pacific). Please RSVP.
Instructor: Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy.
In Organizing Fun Events you will:
- Learn how to spice up your chapter activities so you're not known as the dour socialist contingent. There are ways to be deadly serious about capitalism and other systems of oppression while creating an environment that makes people want to keep coming back.
- Learn specific steps to take that will make your meetings, rallies, tables and parties both effective and, when appropriate, fun.
- Workshops are free for any DSA member in good standing.
- If you have a computer with microphone, speakers and good internet access, you can join via internet for free.
- Or, you can follow the webinar visuals by internet but get sound via phone conference call, which may mean long distance charges.
- Or, you can request the slides as a PDF in advance and listen via phone.
- You can participate in every workshop, since each one builds on the previous ones, or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will generally be on a Saturday each month from 3:00-4:30pm Eastern Time.
- Participation requires that you register (RSVP) at least 36 hours in advance.
You've joined DSA - great. Now register for this new member orientation call and learn more about our politics and our vision. And, most importantly, how you can become involved in DSA.