We all want our chapters to be diverse and attractive, but how do we get there?
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
NOTE: This training is at 7:00pm Eastern. The same training takes place later at 9:00pm Eastern. Please RSVP for the webinar that works best for your schedule.
- Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy.
In Building a Healthy Chapter you will learn how to:
- Get new people to come back after their first or second meeting.
- Develop a healthy culture in your group that is both professional and fun.
- Examine assumptions about people different from yourself so you can create a space that is accessible to all ages, colors, genders and gender identities, backgrounds, etc.
- Avoid being dominated by one or two people, who are either cranky, or cliquey, or just talk too much.
- Take specific steps that will make your chapter's culture more professional, friendly, effective, and welcoming to new people.
- Workshops are free for any DSA member in good standing.
- Workshops will be via free webinar, so you need a computer with internet access. Or, you can request the slides as a PDF in advance and listen via phone conference call.
- Your computer must have microphone and speakers, or you can follow along on the phone via conference call, but you will have to pay for any long distance charges.
- You can participate in every one, since each workshop builds on the previous ones, or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will generally be the first and third Mondays of each month from 7:00-8:30pm Eastern Daylight Time and repeated at 9:00-10:30pm Eastern Time.
- Participation requires that you register at least 40 hours in advance.
- NOTE: This training is scheduled for 7:00pm Eastern Time (6pm Central, 5pm Mountain, 4pm Pacific).