Do you have a hard time getting new people to come back after one or two meetings? Is your group dominated by one or two people, who are either cranky, or cliquey, or just talk too much?
Learn how to develop a healthy culture in your group that is both professional and fun. Examine assumptions about people different from yourself so you can create a space that is accessible to all ages, colors, genders and gender identities, backgrounds, etc.
Join us for our latest organizing training for democratic socialist activists: DSA’s (Virtual) Little Red Schoolhouse.
- Steve Max, DSA Vice Chair and one of the founders of the legendary community organizing school, The Midwest Academy.
- Maria Svart, DSA National Director and former student and union organizer.
We are living through difficult economic times, and more and more people are open to socialist ideas. However, because of corporate ownership of the mainstream media, the only way people will find out about democratic socialism is if DSA members are visible in the progressive movement. Furthermore, we bring an important structural analysis of our undemocratic political and economic systems to progressive activists, and by explaining what democratic socialism really means, we help keep the political debate honest and prevent it from sliding too very far to the right.
In Building a Healthy Chapter you will:
Learn specific steps to take that will make your chapter's culture more professional, friendly, effective, and welcoming to new people.
- Workshops are free for any DSA member in good standing.
- Workshops will be via free webinar, so you need a computer with internet access.
- Your computer must have microphone and speakers, or you can follow along on the phone via conference call, but you will have to pay for any long distance charges.
- You can participate in every one, since each workshop builds on the previous ones, or just attend once in a while.
- Workshops will be the fourth Saturday of each month from 3:00-4:30pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Participation requires that you register at least 48 hours in advance.
NOTE: This training is scheduled for 3-4:30pm Eastern Time.